What is an autoresponder?
An autoresponder is a program which provides the ability to send automatic responses to requests by visitors to your website to subscribe or sign up for regular newsletters or emails, reports and advice.
This then allows you to send out regular emails to subscribers at regular intervals or when you wish to do so.
1. Choose and register with your autoresponder provider – there are several companies providing this service and the one I have used for many years is Aweber. There is also MailChimp, iContact, ConstantContact and others you may choose from. The pricing of each provider is virtually the same and is charged per month.
2. Create a list – depending on your reason, you can create several lists which collect the contact details of your visitors or subscribers for different reasons. Naming each list makes it easier for you to identify and differentiate between each one.
3. Write your “Welcome” email – the first email you create will welcome your subscriber and provide an introduction to what you offer as well as informing the member of your objective and other important information including the ability to unsubscribe at any time. Most bloggers or website owners simply write how they talk as visitors tend to make an association with blogs and websites due to similarities in thoughts, beliefs and understanding. This association encourages participation, regular visits and feedback or comments, raising the profile of the business. It can also encourage word of mouth referrals.
4. Create follow-up emails – your next step is to create further emails for your members and set the specific timescale you would like them sent to your list, ranging from every day in the first week to twice weekly to weekly and so on. This ensures your members get a regular reminder of you, your website and services and must inform, amuse, interest and remain enticing to your readers in order to encourage repeat visiting to your website, blog or purchasing of your products and services.
5. Promote your products – by using your list you can raise awareness of your own or affiliate products by providing invaluable information, teaching skills and offering for sale eBooks, tutorials, audio or video courses and so on. this can be done by including links to the marketplace advertising your products or to your website or blog, increasing traffic and encouraging sales.
For further advice support and information on creating your own online business, visit Progress for Success now and read on or get your free instantly downloadable report.