Video marketing isn’t entirely new but it is something businesses all over the world have to start paying attention to if they want their business to grow. YouTube marketing has been around for many years now and it is still continuing to grow as the years pass. Consequently, technologies that let businesses take advantage of video SEO are also on the rise, making it possible for profitable marketing of products and services through video.
Some of the reasons why video optimization is good for you include the following:
- People like videos: People in general would rather be watching a video instead of reading up on the same topic. If you’re someone then who wants to introduce a new product or service, you’d have a higher chance of getting your message across if you use a video.
- Lessen bounce rates: High bounce rates mean visitors don’t stay long in your site. You need them to stay on your site because the longer they stay, the higher the likelihood that they will avail of something. Videos can work to your advantage then by grabbing the attention of potential customers. And because you can use these videos to highlight products and services, you would have been able to use video marketing as well to promote what you’re offering.
- Higher YouTube ranking: If you use video sharing sites like YouTube, coming up with great videos with great titles and then promoting your videos effectively will mean a lot of people will view your videos. And as more and more people view your material, the higher your video will rank as well. Videos that rank high usually come out in searches so even someone who doesn’t know you exist can be tapped into just by having a high-ranking video. And the more potential customers you tap into, the higher the chances you have of generating sales from them.
- There’s room for improvement: Marketing videos utilizes technology that is still relatively new so it has a lot of room for improvement. This isn’t to say that it’s not great now but as people’s needs evolve and change, video technology will adapt, and so give birth to newer features you can take advantage of for your business.
- Increases credibility and branding: Your videos represent your business and so when potential customers watch one of yours, you build credibility and branding so visitors to your site will remember you. Great recall is your ally because when a certain need arises that you can handle, it is likely that a customer will check you out.
To help you get started on a successful journey of marketing via video, here are some terms you might come across. Understanding what these terms mean can help you ultimately understand marketing with videos much better.
- Ad overlays small, slightly transparent overlays across screens in online videos similar to what you can see in TV shows. Ad overlays normally pop up 15 seconds into a video and will last for about 10 seconds.
- Blue screen/green screen: A component of the keying process wherein a person is placed in front of the screen and images assigned to particular colour schemes will show up behind them.
- Broadband video commercial: A commercial that may pop up before, during, and/or after content being shown, generally lasting 15 or 30 seconds.
- Content Management Systems: Programs that are aimed at creating the framework of a site, including all media files, web content, and others. They are a cost-effective way of managing a site because they are easy to use yet very functional, not needing a professional to run but can produce professional results.
- Delivery: The means by which video materials will be brought to the audience, like sites and mobile devices.
If you have not yet considered the effectiveness of marketing through videos, you might be losing out big time on a lucrative revenue stream both on a local and international level.