Twitter is a great tool to build your email list with.
However, you must be very smart on how you approach your “Tweeps” with any marketing efforts. Twitter is a very social medium and most people will not tolerate being directly marketed to.
They want information and entertainment.
Here are 6 steps to set up your Twitter account to build a list.
This method does take some time to become effective, but well worth it.
- Step 1 – Pick your niche. If you have found a nice “keyword loaded domain” name for your website, you should create your new Twitter account with the focus on that name / niche. For example, if you are in the gardening niche and your domain was gardeningsecrets[dot]com, then a good Twitter handle would be “gardeningsecret” noting that the maximum length allowed for a username is 15 characters. You could use gardeningpro as well. You get the idea.
- Step 2 – Create your new Twitter account, and follow 2 to 5 people. I usually follow the guys from Twitter. It does not matter who you follow. Make sure you write up your description to include your keywords and how you like to help people garden or whatever. Place the URL of your new domain as your site link. Tip: This helps with indexing to Google if your domain is new.
- Step 3 – Next go to twitterfeed.com and create a new account. This site will allow you to post tweets automatically from RSS feeds. Go over to bitly and create an account. This is a URL shortening service. You will have to do a little reading on how to integrate bitly with twitterfeed. To auto-follow people back who follow you, setup an account at Socialoomph.com.
- Step 4 – This is the time intensive part of setting up your Twitter List Building System. Search all over the internet for the best blogs in your niche with the absolute best content you can find. Do not use auto blogs or dusty old blogs that the owner rarely uses. You are looking to find anywhere from 15 to 50 really good blogs to tweet out when the owners post new content. You do not want to post more than one tweet from any one blog per 24 hours. When you have this all setup, and you are in a decent niche, you should have 500 to 100 0 followers within 30 to 60 days or so. Maybe more!
- Step 5 – Setup your site using some type of Blogging software. I recommend WordPress. It is free and easy to use. There are plugins that will allow you to quickly insert your optin box on your blog. Free good looking themes are all over the internet. Create some really good content and post once every 3 to 5 days to your blog for a month while you collect followers. You should not reuse the content in your articles that you have submitted to an article directory, unless you completely rewrite them as fresh content.
- Step 6 – Now that you have a decent amount of followers, start tweeting your posts to them. I recommend each post be tweeted twice, once in the morning and then right after dinner time when people are at their computers. The next day tweet your next post.
When you have good content and occasionally tweet out something about yourself, people will get to know you and eventually trust you.
The whole system will basically run on autopilot when complete! When they visit your site to devour your content, many will sign up to your list!
This is time intensive, but you can easily use Twitter to build your email list.
Click the link below for more information to help you build your list fast.